I have implemented and adapted the Scrum and SAFe frameworks using The Kanban Method (Kanban) for catalyzing sustainable improvements. When thinking about the 3 layers of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) from Kanban perspective, I approach SAFe as a suggested framework. Some try to implement SAFe disruptively without paying attention to the context. Kanban ensures survivability and viability of SAFe. We use Kanban to help teams start where they are – and incrementally improve & evolve by incorporating contextually relevant elements of SAFe.
Leading SAFe®: Leading the Lean-Agile Software Enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework®
This course teaches the Lean-Agile Principles and Practices of SAFe.
You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise. Register today and join us next month for our Leading SAFe®: Course for executives, managers, Agile change agents.
The course consists of eight modules:
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework
- Embracing Lean and Agile Values
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing the Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts Leading SAFe ©2012-2015 Scaled Agile, Inc.
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skills most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
The SAFe Agilist certification program is for executives, managers, Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
This course is a requirement for those seeking certification as a Scaled Agile Framework Agilist (SA).
None to attend training
For those seeking SA certification:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- SAFe Agilist (SA) certification exam administration and scoring
- Online course feedback survey
- Those attendees who pass the exam will receive Academy membership for one year, access to the private SA member area, downloads, and invitations to special events.
Register before April 23rd for the Early Bird Discount.
The Instructors for this course
Agile and Kanban Coach
CEO, Agile and Kanban Coach